Homeowners want to get the most for their money, and they don’t want to spend on equipment and features they don’t need. If you’re looking to buy an air conditioner this year, we have several different models to meet every budget and requirement.
When choosing an Air Conditioner it is important to consider the energy efficiency of the unit. High-efficient air conditioners are more effective at using energy to provide cool air. Homeowners who have a system that is 10-15 years old and upgrade to a SEER 13 system (minimum Canadian requirement) can save at least 35 percent on utility bills. However, an even higher SEER rating leads to more significant savings.
High-efficiency air conditioning systems have many benefits, including:
- The value of your home increases because you’ve added an attractive, value-added system that potential buyers will like.
- New, high-efficiency A/C systems come with enhanced fan technology. Units with a variable-speed air handler adjust the fan speed to decrease energy costs. They also enhance comfort by providing increased humidity control.
- A system with a fan-only option allows you to ventilate without using the air conditioner. This option works well for mild days or at night.
- An auto-delay feature enhances efficiency. By using auto-delay, the A/C cycles off, but the fan continues to run for several minutes. As a result, you use less energy but still receive conditioned air.
- High-efficiency air conditioners reduce energy use, resulting in lower bills.
All Elements is proud to install York Air Conditioners. Our York Affinity model is the recipient of the 2016 Energy Star Award for the most efficient system with its 18 SEER rating. These units cost under $0.25 an hour to run and approximately $127/annually for the average Canadian household.
Have one of our experts give you a free estimate today! Call 250-254-4822 to book an appointment with our Air Conditioning specialists!